Click the above link to find my blog on Bloglovin!
I haven’t done one of these before because I so rarely mix up my beauty and skin care routines, but I went out on a limb this month and tried some new stuff out so I thought it only fair to share it with all of you! I’ve included some lifestyle favourites too!
This month, I’ve been loving 4 products in particular.
Mac Highlighter in Soft and Gentle
Okay, I know everyone in the beauty world has already covered this, but I cannot get over this highlighter! It’s so perfectly subtle and gives such a gorgeous glow when it catches the light. I love putting it on my cupid’s bow just before applying lipstick because it really makes my lips look fuller.
Benefit They’re Real Lash Primer
I got this in my June Birchbox and although I was completely cynical at first, this product is a life changer. I’ve tried Benefit’s They’re Real mascara before and was a bit underwhelmed, but this lash primer does exactly what it says on the tin and more. The applicator doesn’t collect too much product, so it basically coats my lashes and makes them so long and full. An extra bonus is that when I apply my black mascara over the top, the primer prevents it from making my lashes at all clumpy so I just look like I’m using the world’s best mascara!
Rimmel Brow This Way Brow Gel
I am new to the whole brow game as I’m suffering from PTSD from the awful brows I subjected everyone to at the age of 17. However, I branched out and tried a drug store brand brow gel after hearing lots of beauty bloggers’ reviews of brow gels, and I must admit… It’s changed my brows for good! Not only do I now find it easier and quicker to do my brows, but I also have more fun with them because they look so much nicer. I never thought I’d say this, but my brow game is pretty strong these days thanks to this gel!
Nivea After Shave Balm For Men
My parents were incredibly confused when I asked for this for my birthday 2 months ago, but I just knew I had to try out the latest beauty craze, and I’m so glad I did! NikkieTutorials (a super famous beauty YouTuber and blogger, for those who don’t know) was the one to discover that this after shave balm is potentially the world’s BEST primer, thanks to it’s high glycerin content. I must admit that I was dubious at first because I’ve always been a bit cynical about primers, but it really does keep your makeup on for longer – I’ve worn it under my makeup on nights out, and all my makeup is still intact the next morning when I inevitably fall asleep with a full face on! Plus, it’s an absolute steal if you buy it when it’s on offer, so it’s perfect for someone as stingey as me!
Okay, I never thought I’d be the one offering fashion reviews, but I couldn’t resist sharing this one with you all.
I found these shorts in Primark when I was on a hunt for work clothes, and they are probably my most worn item of clothing this month! I am very much the type to get home from work and get straight into some comfy clothes, and with the weather being as scorching as it has been I just couldn’t stop myself from bunging these shorts into my basket full of boring black socks. I’ll be the first to admit that I was probably originally only drawn to them because they are in my favourite pattern, but they’re so comfy and light that I’ve barely taken them off since I bought them. I doubt I’d ever wear them out (unless I was going to the beach) but they’re perfect for wearing around the home.
I went on a bit of a Spotify adventure the other day and created a playlist full of random songs from random musicals that I’d never heard before and forced myself to listen to them all. I found some absolute crackers in amongst the pretty average ballads!
- Ring of Keys from Fun House – I’m convinced that I’ve heard this song somewhere before, but I can’t figure out whether it’s because I’ve heard someone sing it in a concert or whether someone’s made me listen to it, but regardless it’s a beautiful song that I can’t get enough of. It’s a perfect cabaret or audition piece, especially for younger singers!
- Burn from Hamilton – I am such a huge fan of In The Heights that I have found it hard to really get into the Hamilton hype, but this song has really stood out to me as the best song on the soundtrack. It’s got beautiful lyrics and a refreshingly unusual melody. If Hamilton wasn’t as popular as it is then I’d suggest it to any mezzo as a perfect audition piece, but I think it will become overdone in the next year or so, so my advice would be to cover it on YouTube or Soundcloud and avoid putting it in your repertoire!
- One Perfect Moment from Bring It On – This. Freaking. Song. I am obsessed. If you haven’t listened to it, do it RIGHT NOW. It is beautifully sung on the soundtrack and has become one of my most listened to songs on Spotify in the past month! It’s the perfect song for any mezzo with a high belt, and it’s made it’s way right to the top of my repertoire. Give it a listen, would you?!
For any of you Brighton based readers, I have become obsessed with 2 pubs this month. I know they’re really popular pubs, but I am in love with 2 of the menu items I’ve tried.
- The Tempest Inn – The pineapple margarita. Get yourself one of these beauties, sit outside in the sunshine (while it lasts) and be reminded of why Brighton is such an amazing place to spend your summer. (Top tip – order a side of shrimp while you’re there. Oh my goodness. Heaven.)
- The White Rabbit – If you like halloumi, beer and burgers, then I couldn’t recommend this pub anymore. I went to The White Rabbit with my dear friend Frankie and while he ordered the world’s biggest burger (which was heavenly, by the way), I ordered the very fancy sounding halloumi and fries. The halloumi was beer battered and just on another level of sensational food. I would very happily have it for every meal of the day!
That’s all for this month folks, let me know what you thought about me doing a monthly favourites post and I’ll see what tickles my fancy in the next month!